Global Mobility

Techvisa is the go-to immigration consultancy for tech companies scaling throughout Southeast Asia, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Our team of experts are dedicated to helping tech professionals navigate the complex visa process ensuring you secure the best possible talent for global expansion. Whether you’re a start-up, scale-up, a VC fund or an established tech business, we have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the ever-changing immigration legislation.

Graphic of a plane flying through the sky

Techvisa work with some of the most game-changing tech companies, helping navigate the process of scaling offshore teams by securing visa’s for Singapore, the United States and the United Kingdom.

Global Visa Options

With offices across Australia, the US, and Singapore, we have the expertise and global network to guide you through the complex immigration process. Given our experience and knowledge of Global Mobility within the tech space, we manage the entire application process from A-Z and require minimal input from the company.

Learn about the different Global Visa options available below:


Singapore offer a number of different visa options catering to individuals and businesses scaling in Southeast Asia. 

Three main visa options for tech professionals, start-ups and scale-ups :

Start-up Stream

If you are an entrepreneur looking to set up a business in Singapore, you may be eligible to apply for an Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass). Find out more about the criteria, process and other information that you need to know about applying for an EntrePass.

  • Be 21 years old and above, with relevant qualifications and experience
  • Have a business proposal that is entrepreneurial and innovative in nature, and able to create local employment
  • Be willing to relocate to Singapore to run your new business
  • Register your business in Singapore as a private limited company
  • Have a company that is either not yet incorporated or not more than six months old at the time of your EntrePass application
  • Hold at least 30% of shares in your proposed business

Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass (ONE) application

This visa that is designed for top talent in business, arts and culture, sports, science and technology, and academia and research


  • Earn or will earn a fixed monthly salary of at least SGD30,000 (or its equivalent in foreign currency) within the last 1 year;
  • Worked for an established company overseas for at least 1 year
  • You belong to those with Outstanding Achievements in the arts and culture, sports, science and technology and academia and research
Graphic of person choosing which path to walk down

Employment Pass

The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore.

  • Earn a salary of at least $5,000 / month
  • Have a job offer in Singapore.
  • Work in a managerial, executive, or specialised job.
  • Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications, or specialised skills.

United States of America

The E visa classification encompasses individuals who are treaty traders and investors, arriving in the United States based on a commerce and navigation agreement between the US and their home country. Additionally, this category incorporates Australian workers engaged in specialized occupations.

Visa options below:

E-3 visa

Australians are in the enviable position of being the only foreign nationals able to apply for the E-3 visa, a work visa that allows them to bypass the many flaws and difficulties of the H-1B, the US’ primary temporary work visa which most other nationalities must utilise to work in the United States.

  • Must have a valid job offer from a U.S. organisation (corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, etc.
  • Must be an Australian citizen
  • Job offer must be for a role that can be classified as a “specialty occupation.
  • The occupation in the US must generally require a Bachelors degree or higher
  • Minimum Salary: must be in possession of a “Labor Condition Application” (LCA) that has been “certified” by the United States Department of Labor (US DOL).

E-1 and E-2 Visa

Treaty traders (E-1) conduct substantial trade in goods, including but not limited to services and technology, mainly between the United States and their country of origin of which they are citizens or nationals.

Treaty investors (E-2) invest a substantial amount of money and direct the operations of an enterprise they have invested in, or are actively investing in.

  • Be a national of a country the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with
  • Carry on substantial trade (E-1) OR have invested, or are actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States (E-2)
  • Carry on principal trade between the United States (E-1) OR Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise (E-2)

United Kingdom

The United Kingdom offer a variety of visa options for Tech Professionals and Tech Companies, catering to their specific needs.

Visa options below:

Start-up Visa

The Start-up visa is a great option if you want to set up a business that is innovative and challenges the status quo. You must have been endorsed by an authorised body and be able to show that your business idea is:

  • a new idea
  • innovative
  • viable

Innovator Founder visa

The Innovator Founder visa is specifically for founders who want to set up and run an innovative business in the UK. Your business or business idea must have been endorsed by an approved body and show that your business idea is:

  • a new idea
  • innovative
  • viable
  • scalable
Graphic of person putting together a big jigsaw

Representative of an Overseas Business visa

The Representative of an Overseas Business visa is for businesses that wish to send a senior employee to the UK in order to establish a commercial presence for the company in the UK. You will need to evidence that:

  • The business is active and trading outside of the United Kingdom
  • The headquarters and principal place of business is outside the United Kingdom
  • Intends to establish a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary in the UK that will actively trade in the same business activity as the overseas business;
  • The overseas business will not be established or the sole representative appointed mainly for the purpose of facilitating the entry or stay of the sole representative;
  • Intends to maintain the centre of its operations overseas.